Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bumpy landing.

I can hardly bring myself to officially start this blog. I was hoping it would be an archive of funny stories, but I just don't have anything funny to say yet. We (Amber, me, Saba, and Tobiko) flew in a few days ago, and are finally starting to mellow out a bit. The move was really crazy, and I'm faced with a dilemma:
1) I said I was going to write a DC blog, and I want to.
2) The move and first few days provided TOO much material to even THINK of putting up here.
2b) Nobody wants to read (and I don't want to write) a long-winded gripe.

So, in an effort to keep this short and somewhat uplifting, here is a list of things which kick ass since they saved our bacon during this transition period:
-Friends and family who stepped up at the eleventh hour (and at 11:30!) to help us move stuff, pack stuff, and get to the airport. Thank you!
-Cat tranquilizers for the plane ride.
-New neighbor who gave us wood when our gas had been shut off by the dorks at Washington Gas.
-New landlady's boyfriend who drove us to the hardware store so we could buy a space heater. While on the way there/back, he also gave us a quick car tour of our new neighborhood.
-Granny Cart: purchased from the hardware store (some assembly required). A must-have for the carless shopper.
-Craigslist! Now we have furniture.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Cross country coincidence. Yesterday I left my granny cart out on the sidewalk as a "donation." Got tired of the front door banging it constantly (and not using it for months now that I have a car.) Hope you got the all weather wheels on yours.

1/10/2006 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your move was rough.

Just post about something that caught your eye. Over time your blog will reflect your experience in DC. Each post doesn't have to be comprehensive.

Hope things are smoother (and warmer) now. (I listen to Boot Liquor every day.)

1/12/2006 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home