Sunday, February 12, 2006

Joe Rut

Two stories (and a bunch of links) about how sounds from the East Bay are making their way to the East Coast!

Just to get off on the right foot here; I'd be suprised to find out that anyone could know me well enough to be reading this blog and not know who Joe Rut is, but just in case... he is one of our closest and dearest friends who is also an amazingly talented musician. If you haven't heard his music, or you need a(nother) CD, his website is here at joerut.com!

The first story is actually a bit of news. I woke up this morning and turned on Boot Liquor Radio, which is a really great country radio station (it turns out there is such a thing!) on the internet. The very first thing out of our speakers was Joe's voice singing Our Days Are Numbered which he performed with the lovely and fertile ladies of Loretta Lynch. I'm really glad that my friends are invading internet radio stations—if everything goes according to my plan, they'll take over the world!

The second story, involves my new work. In addition to being pretty cool folks, they have fantastic taste! (Except for their fixation with Houston.) I was talking with a guy in the shop about music, and we ended up swapping a few discs. I gave him a two disc mix of music by my friends. A few days later he said, "There's a lot of good stuff on there! I really liked disc 2 track 11." As soon as I got home, I played my copy to see what that song was. It was Joe Rut's El Dorado! That was the song for our first dance at our wedding! How's that for good taste?

In addition to those I've already mentioned, some of the other music by friends from home which is keeping us company includes:
Joel Murach
86 (the band)
Val Esway
Ramona the Pest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home